TJC Garden Grove Bible Study
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TJC Garden Grove Bible Study

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
We are studying Habakkuk 3, Zephaniah 1 - 3, and 1 Kings 1 - 3 for the week of 4/27 - 5/3.

The Prophecy of Jesus' Suffering for the Sinners

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brandon
J1 Student
Brandon

The Prophecy of Jesus' Suffering for the Sinners Empty
PostSubject: The Prophecy of Jesus' Suffering for the Sinners   The Prophecy of Jesus' Suffering for the Sinners I_icon_minitime25th January 2014, 1:57 am

In chapter 53, Isaiah prophecies about the sufferings that Jesus will go through in his crucifixion. Verse 6 really touches me because it reminds us to return to God. We often lose our way in the journey of faith, but God wants us to come back to him. Sometimes, when I feel so far away from God, I can feel God's plea for me to come back to him and repent for my sins. He tells me that I've gone too far from him, and I can sense that he is trying to pull me back on the road. He will always accept us back no matter what sins we commit or wrongdoings we do. In the later part of this verse, it says that the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all. Because of God's love and compassion for us, he took all our sins and died for every one of us, just so that we can be with God in the end. This part also reaches out to me because I feel that I should repay his love (even though I can't ever do that). I know how undeserving I am of his love, and I want to show how thankful I am. It encourages me to turn to God and repent. I feel that whenever I sin, I am making Jesus' death in vain. He died to take my sins away, yet I am still sinning. We should all make use of his death to make a commitment to follow him to the end. What's the point of his death if we all go to hell?
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com

The Prophecy of Jesus' Suffering for the Sinners
Page 1 of 1